Kansans for Life released the following statement today in response to the abortion industry’s new lawsuit challenging compassionate, commonsense protections for women:
“With today’s lawsuit, the profit-driven abortion industry has launched an unprecedented attack on a woman’s right to informed consent before an abortion is performed on her,” said Danielle Underwood, KFL Director of Communications. “Not only are they seeking to remove access to information that many women have deemed essential to this life-altering decision, they’re aggressively working to speed up the decision-making process, seemingly forcing women into abortion without discussion of alternatives.”
- Policies that ensure a woman is informed she has the right to change her mind and withdraw her consent to the abortion
- Disclosure regarding whether the abortion provider has received any disciplinary actions by the state board of healing arts
- 24-hour waiting period to allow a woman time and space before making a life-altering decision
- Information about abortion alternatives, medical risks and complications
- Access to view her ultrasound or hear the heartbeat, at no additional expense to her
- Gestational age of the preborn child at the time the abortion is to be performed
- Abortion Pill Reversal (APR) information, which has been shown to be an effective life-saving medical intervention credited with saving over 4,000 babies
It is clear the abortion industry wants a monopoly on the information available to women, especially when disclosure threatens its bottom line. No matter one’s opinion on the issue, every woman deserves to be free from pressure to undergo an abortion and to not be kept in the dark about all her options.
While we wait for the legal process to play out, KFL will closely monitor the situation and keep you informed at every step.