- This event has passed.
KFL Speaker Training – Wichita
March 20, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm CDT
Speak out for the right to life! Would you like to be a part of KFL’s team of volunteers who provide pro-life presentations to organizations that request a speaker? Whether there’s a group asking you to present to them now, or you want to explore talking about life issues in the future, we can help you prepare.
This spring, KFL can help you become more confident to spread the pro-life message. Amy Torkelson, a teacher who has been giving presentations for KFL since 1995, will lead several small groups and is excited to work with you. The workshop will let you develop your content and find your own delivery style. You’ll benefit from helpful feedback from others in a friendly setting.
Amy will coach four in-person sessions to make it as easy as possible to attend. Sign up for one session, or join as many as you like for added practice and opportunities to listen to others.
Friday or Saturday at KFL Wichita
9 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Lunch will be provided at noon for both groups of attendees each day. There is no cost to participate in the KFL Speaker Training.
How to Participate:
1. Watch the introductory KFL Speaker Training video and the sample church youth group presentation on KFL’s YouTube page, here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpBroave6ybU6ExVClxcLNg
2. Contact Amy Torkelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an information form. Clicking interested or going on this event is not sufficient as a reservation.
3. Fill out the information form and return it to Amy, along with your reservation for which training time(s) you would like to attend.
4. Start working on your presentation.
5. On the day of the training, bring a laptop if you have one. Bring anything you need for your presentation (notecards, Powerpoint, any other visual aids). Be ready to give your presentation during the training.